Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The voices in my head

Back in my studio and it feels good.


Between filling orders I'm working on taking my carving in new directions, carving more like a linocut.  I carve, I wonder, I carve some more. This is what is sounds like in my head.
"Could I print with polymer plates?"
"Could the carved piece, which is also part of a necklace, first be used to make a print thus creating 2D and 3D art that is related?"
"Where could I go with this?"

I'll keep this conversation going. Hope you are having a good week too!

6 comments:

  1. A coolbead, Genevieve. Sometimes it pays to listen to the voices (unfortunately my voices lately have been a little repetitive... "Oh, yes, you MUST buy all those art beads you've been drooling over. Don't make your own... BUY...BUY..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Experimenting on the side while working on something "more important" brings creative sparks. Just "playing" is the best what we can do! Enjoy your carving. You could do pendants as stamps as well perhaps? Polymer is hard after baking so not sure if you would be able to actually stamp from it tho ;) Maybe try opposite inspiration, do prints inspired by your polymer beads, but with normal rubber to carve from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh! Several years ago I made a series of prints from some flat polymer clay faces I designed. I printed before the clay was cured.

    Maybe a print made before cure that is used as part of the packaging?... or is an accompanying piece of work?

    Lovely exotic pod or cone-like piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL..ok Lynn, so maybe YOU are one of the voices in my head?! Hysterical! (Is it scary in there?)

    I had not even thought about print before curing - I must try that.

    I don't know, I was thinking a print and a piece of jewelry that go together, packaging or a card that goes with the jewelry...a series of prints and jewelry, printing on polymer with other polymer.

    ReplyDelete