Friday, October 1, 2010

Here comes the sun


Sunshine finally. It had been raining here in our part of PA for 24 hrs., give or take. I've not seen rain like that since we spent the summer on Saint Helena, where its location in the Trade Winds make that amount rain reasonable. Here...not so much. It was quite amazing though and we awoke to an explosion of mushrooms in the yard. So my youngest son and I started our day with fungi identification and I decided that this is the best way to start the day, not with fungi necessarily but with "wonder".
Soon afterward, with Samuel tucked into grammar, I checked Polymer Clay Daily only to find my Chrysanthemum rings as one of Cynthia's fall picks. (Could clicking PCD on the toolbar and seeing one of my pieces pop up ever get old...no, no, I doubt it!)
Despite the early morning ramble I got so much finished (school and home and otherwise) and I'm headed to the studio for a bit after dinner. I feel myself...heading in a direction. I finished this piece for New Freedom Fest. Its a pin. It didn't sell (I am secretly please...I like it.)


Here are the other "landscapes" that I've started. Landscapes? Are they? I think they might be. I see them as pins/walls hangings. Maybe pins and wall hangings. Maybe pins you take off and hang on the wall. I've been greatly drawn to NON jewelry work lately, namely landscape paintings and sculpture. The grey ones in the upper left and lower right corners are larger slabs of clay that I cut apart and then reassemble. (The same with the feather textured pieces .)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Genevieve,
    We are homeschooling this year and started last Friday with a long walk, with camera (at my son's initiation) -- to photograph all the neighborhood mushrooms! Then it was off to the library for a mushroom/fungi guide!
    Thank goodness for the sun the last few days here in central PA!
    Hope all is well,
    Mary

    mhague and mademary / etsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have lovely work! I am an old archaeologist (well, not THAT old) but your jewelry really sings to me of those primary earth elements I love so much. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete