Friday, October 2, 2009

Hello Autumn.

I know it actually, officially already started but today it really felt like it. As the sun set a wind started to blow, wind that was decidedly cooler. As if to try and fool me, the zinnias still look great, some blooms are 5 feet tall!




But I've been watching the squirrels crazily stashing nuts and thought I should follow suit. I made End of the Garden Vegetable soup. One pot won't last us through winter though. I still have much to learn from the squirrels, I guess.


Apart from the stark, otherworldly beauty of a heavy snow, I don't like winter. I don't like shorter days, I don't like cold temperatures.

Strangely though I do enjoy this, right now. The get cozy/take stock/prepare for what lies ahead/nesting kind of thing that naturally happens in the fall.

And what would autumn be without a Red Cabbage Ring.


No comments:

Post a Comment